Archive | July 2014

Falcao poised to make Monaco comeback in Emirates Cup

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported – Radamel Falcao is expected to make his eagerly awaited comeback when Monaco take part in the Emirates Cup next week.
The Colombia international has been absent since damaging his cruciate knee ligament in a Coupe de France tie against Monts d’Or Azergues in January.
Falcao missed the World Cup as a result of the injury, despite a desperate late bid to be fit for the tournament in Brazil.
However, the 28-year-old is poised for a return to action when the pre-season tournament takes place at the home of Arsenal.
“I think he will be able to start playing again at the Emirates Cup,” Monaco head coach Leonardo Jardim told L’Equipe.
“He is now in the final phase of his recuperation.”
Falcao’s future at the Stade Louis II has been called into question amid rumours of a return to La Liga with Real Madrid, with the striker having previously represented rivals Atletico.

Advertisements

Vertonghen set for new five-year Tottenham deal

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported – Jan Vertonghen insists he is happy to stay at Tottenham and reveals he has been offered a new five-year contract.
Towards the end of last season, the 27-year-old admitted that he was keen to play Champions League football, while the player’s agent claimed earlier this month that “several teams” were interested in the Belgium international.
Last week, Goal learned that Tottenham were planning talks over a new contract and Vertonghen says he is ready to commit his long-term future to the club.
“It goes without saying that I would like to stay at Tottenham,” Vertonghen told Belgian station Radio 1.
“I still had a four-year contract but I see that they have offered me a new five-year contract as a great sign of confidence.”
Vertonghen will return to pre-season training on Monday following his holiday after Belgium’s World Cup campaign and is set to undergo tests on an ankle problem.

I’m happy at Atletico Madrid, insists Suarez.

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported – Mario Suarez has stressed he is “very happy” at Atletico Madrid despite rumours that Rafael Benitez is keen to bring him to Napoli.
The defensive midfielder, who currently has two caps for Spain, made 24 La Liga appearances for Diego Simeone’s title-winning side last season but has reportedly become a target for last season’s Serie A runners-up.
Suarez, however, has indicated he is fully committed to starting the new campaign with the Vicente Calderon side.
“I am now here in San Francisco and am working for Atletico,” the 27-year-old, currently on pre-season duties in the USA, told reporters. “I have a contract with Atletico.
“I am very happy here, very happy, I’m on tour and there’s not much more I can say.
“The team’s goal this year is to fight for all titles, we’re starting the season fighting for a major title, the Spanish Supercopa.”

Inter must get back to where they belong – Mazzarri

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported – Walter Mazzarri believes Inter can return to the summit of Italian football if they continue to adopt the kind of attitude shown against Real Madrid.
The Serie A side defeated the European champions on penalties in their opening International Champions Cup fixture in California on Tuesday, after a 1-1 draw.
Since winning a treble of the league title, Coppa Italia and Champions League in 2010, Inter have fallen adrift of Italy’s elite and finished fifth, 42 points behind winners Juventus, in Serie A last season.
Mazzarri is determined to restore Inter to past glories and was delighted with the attitude shown in pre-season so far – but stopped short of predicting what the club can achieve this term.
“At this moment of the year we can’t decide on our target for next season,” he said. “But it’s clear that when you coach a team like Inter you want, as soon as you can, to bring the team back to where it belongs because of its history.
“If we act like this, then during the season we will discover what we can achieve.”

Pochettino quiet on Schneiderlin speculation

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported – Mauricio Pochettino is remaining tight-lipped on reports suggesting that Tottenham are planning to swoop for Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin.
Since Pochettino’s departure from St Mary’s a number of key players have left the Saints – including Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert – with Dejan Lovren set to follow with a €25 million move to Liverpool.
Tottenham, meanwhile, have already recruited Swansea City pair Michel Vorm and Ben Davies, with Gylfi Sigurdsson heading to the Liberty Stadium as part of the deal.
Earlier this week Goal revealed Schneiderlin is now the No.1 transfer target for both Arsenal and Tottenham but, while he admits he would like further reinforcements, Pochettino refused to shed any light on the speculation.
“We’re trying to improve the squad but I never speak about players from other clubs,” he told reporters. “I have respect. I’m just focused on my team.”
Pochettino was speaking after Tottenham defeated Chicago Fire 2-0 on Saturday, as the club ended their pre-season tour of the United States unbeaten.

Bayern: We’ll never fire Guardiola

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported – Bayern Munich chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has reassured fans that Pep Guardiola will “never be fired” by the Bavarian giants.
The five-time European champions have often stuttered in the seasons following a World Cup: Felix Magath was fired in January 2007, while Louis van Gaal was dismissed in April 2011, as both men struggled with a squad fatigued after an insubstantial summer break.
Rummenigge has assured fans that a similar malaise will not befall the club this season and that Guardiola, whom was hired last summer, need not fear for his future.
“Bayern Munich will never fire Pep Guardiola,” the club chief affirmed to Morgen Post. “I give you that in writing.
“He will be our coach until at least June 30, 2016, when his contract ends.
“Admittedly, for the players it is not easy to begin again after a short holiday due to the World Cup, but thankfully we have a coach who is very relaxed in dealing with this situation.”

No mind games with Mourinho, says Van Gaal.

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported – Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal insists that there will be no risk of confrontation between him and his “friend”, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.
The Dutchman, newly installed at Old Trafford, indicated on Saturday that he would talk to his Blues counterpart about his comments on the Red Devils’ signing of Luke Shaw.
Mourinho is well known for playing mind-games with his rivals, while Van Gaal himself is an outspoken figure, but the 62-year-old does not expect any wars of words with the Portuguese or anyone else.
“I don’t think I will fall out with him. Mourinho is my friend,” he told reporters.
“I don’t think I will fall out with all the other managers. I have full respect for all my colleagues.”
“For me mind games are not so interesting. I have to manage my club. That is already difficult enough. I am not concerned with other clubs or other managers.”